June 29, 2010

2010 Variety Gold Scholarship



This Award will go towards my environmental aim to raise awareness about sustainability issues and clean energy alternatives - to create a piece of public art for a Research and Development Energy Centre. The idea is to represent in an installation the basic elements of earth, wind, fire and water and how they combine to form ecosystems - details will be announced here as soon as they are finalised... 

In the research I do now, I ask myself what will an art installation look like that represents the energy sources we can tap into - renewable and non renewable? How to convey the message that there is a huge difference between them? This is the topic I am researching now. Heartfelt thanks to Variety - The Children Charity Award for their support! It is much appreciated!!! The Miss World New Zealand pageants liked my paintings and I have donated a work of my to be auctioned in September for the Variety Fundraising... they told me the last painting auctioned raised $4500 - I hope to raise more than that to help children with disabilities and awareness about climate change at the same time!